Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mmkay...

So there was no blog yesterday, and there will barely be one today.  Here's why: I didn't cook.  No one was here to cook for yesterday and today I was sick.  Though I have been crocheting a lot.  I can't show you what because they are Christmas gifts for people and we don't want to ruin the surprise!  I can show you this, though:




This is what's left of the yarn from everything I've crocheted over the past year. There is a WHOLE lot more to go after this.  I've been enjoying putting together one big thing from the things I've made for people I love.  I remember what every scrap of this yarn came from.  The gray in the center is from a failed project involving some heavily coveted fingerless gloves, the pink right beside it is from the blanket/scarf I made for my baby sister for Christmas last year, the white/blue/green is from a blanket I made for my cousin's son, Ayden.  The blue is also from my baby sister's blanket/scarf and the purple is from the hat/scarf combo I made for my BFF Steph for Christmas.  Not in the picture but on the square now are the pink and white I used to make myself a cell phone holder, and the blue/brown I used to make some baby hats, also for Ayden.  I can't wait to see the whole thing done!  I know it will probably look strange to most people, but it will be special to me!  Its like the crochet version of a patchwork quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment