Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 2

Today has been a bit of a whirlwind.  I tried a new workout (ouch!!), made a really time consuming dinner (with wonderful help), and had lots of fun outside time.  So this morning I got up and had my healthy breakfast, then set out to plan tonight's shopping/dinner.  I decided we were going to have a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf, with some twice baked potatoes and once again, I made an attempt at doughnuts.  Oh, those doughnuts.  I'll make it happen, you just watch.  If you happen to have a good recipe and a good method, I'm all ears.  Anyways, I did 30 whole minutes of Pilates today (hence the above ouch) but man do I feel great!  Can't wait until Saturday to do that again, and I mean it!  My wonderful husband went to the store and assembled ingredients for dinner tonight, and tomorrow.  When he *finally* made it back, my sister in law and I started mixing up our doughnut dough.  After we finished making dinner up (it really was a group effort, we both did stuff for everything we ate tonight.), we pulled the dough out and tried to roll it and cut it.  Well, it was waaay too sticky.  It wouldn't roll, or cut.  So we had the genius idea to make doughnut holes.  Nearly disastrous.  Apparently, the oil was too hot.  And the dough was still too sticky.  Actually one or two turned out just fine.  But the dough got way too sticky.  So I put it back in the fridge to try again tomorrow.  Everything else turned out nicely.  As far as I could tell, everyone liked it!  All the recipes I use can be found on epicurious.com, by the way!  I changed a few things for my meatloaf, such as adding Heinz 57 instead of ketchup and nixing the relish and mayonnaise.  And right now I am trying to add photos of said dinner, but for some reason the uploader and or my iPhone has decided not to cooperate.  Ah, well.  Maybe tomorrow!  Come back tomorrow night to see if my chicken pizza turns out the way I'm hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment