Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 of my new "life".  After spending a decent amount of time looking for "healthy" recipes last night, I woke up early(ish) this morning with a game plan.  First, my currently unemployed husband was going to go for a walk with me. This took several hours to accomplish, but finally! We took a brisk walk around the block. Afterwards, I went to the store to assemble the ingredients for our healthy dinner.  On tonight's menu was: Spicy Orange Chicken Stir-Fry (which I've never even EATEN before. I don't really do Chinese food.), and Mini Minty Doughnuts.  After assembling all of the ingredients I was eager to try to make the "doughnuts" and see if they would be all fluffy and tasty.  Well, they weren't.  They ended up being flat little cookies with holes in them.  So back to the drawing board on that one.  My wonderful husband then helped me cook my first Chinese food adventure.  It was delicious!  I had forgotten to buy snap peas at the store, so we substituted fresh broccoli  instead. My family ate ever bit!  I myself am not a big fan of rice, but this rice was nice and tasty once it absorbed all of the sauce from the stir fry.  I might actually end up buying a wok so I can make this stuff on a regular basis!!
 Yummy!!!  So far my sister in law and I have decided to make dinner a joint effort tomorrow night.  Come back to see if day 2 is successful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment