Thursday, December 29, 2011
New Year's Resolutions.
It's that time of year again. The time of year when everyone asks that dreaded question: What's your New Year's resolution? Most people have the same three answers: Get in shape, quit smoking, save more money. These are all good things and we should all aspire to do them. I make the same one every year, myself. In fact I make all three of those resolutions every year. But this year I'm doing something different. Probably something harder. This year I'm making a resolution to be more faithful. Not to God, or to church, or anything like that. Though I'm sure those things will follow. But my primary goal is to be more faithful to myself, to the person God intended me to be. I went through a serious bought of depression when we first moved here, and I realized that it happened because I lost myself. I let society turn me into something I was never meant to be. I was keeping silent about things that I thought were important far too often. I had no outlet. I engaged in the hobbies I thought people wanted me to engage in. I did the things people expected me to. Let me tell you right now, this ain't how I roll. I typically do as I please. A lot of this has stopped because I am now an adult and as such have responsibilities, but somewhere I let the lines blur and stopped being me. I had no personality. I was a depressed bitchy blob. But not this year. I'm better now, and I intend to stay that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment